You know what’s wrong with Canadian employment when…
Take the following qualifications for a position with a big, huge company. Read it first ( I am not making these up, url given below):
Some required Qualifications include
- Has excellent attendance and can handle responsibility.
- Highly productive with minimal guidance or supervision.
- Conscientiously and methodically approaches work. Sees tasks through to completion.
- Strong work ethic. Uses time productively to accomplish work goals.
- Committed to meeting quality standards.
- Maintains focus on accomplishing desired results.
- Has a solid understanding of the job and its duties and responsibilities.
- Adheres to scheduling and attendance requirements.
- Brings energy, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude to the job.
- Self-motivated. Thrives on doing a job well.
- Has effective organizational skills. Keeps files and work area organized.
- Pays attention to detail. Approaches work in a meticulous and thorough manner.
- Demonstrates professionalism at all times.
Sounds like a perfect set of requirments for a CEO, right?
The job above, I’m not kidding, is for a Janitor. Now imagine what would be the qualifications for a simple desk job?
And here’s the original job posting.
This really goes on to show that there are indeed jobs available for qualified immigrants!
Vive la Canadian Dream!
First Published: June 3rd, 2006